TWIC Certified Guards
The Transportation Workers Identification Credential initiative was implemented by the Transportation Security Administration and the US Coast Guard. This tamper-resistant, bio-metric credential allows unescorted access to secure and restricted areas of port facilities and specific vessels. In order to obtain a TWIC card, each individual must submit biographical and bio-metric information, such as finger prints, and pass a security threat assessment administered by the NSA. Learn more about the TWIC program here.
Port Security Services provides security officers that possess a valid TWIC card. These officers have already passed an extensive background check conducted by the federal government, and are able to escort individuals through, and obtain access to, restricted areas.
33 CFR 105.210
Title 33 of the Code of Federal Regulations, section 105.210, outlines the requirements for maritime facility personnel with security duties. Subsection (n) states that security personnel must be “familiar with all relevant aspects of the TWIC program and how to carry them out.”
Our security officers are well versed, and study these requirements extensively. They are tested periodically throughout the year to ensure that the implementation of this vital information becomes second nature. Specifically, our officers are trained to detect and respond to security breaches caused by a falsified TWIC card.
Port Security Services can provide maritime focused security needs throughout the US. Whether security vessels, officers, planning, or training, we stand ready to meet your needs. We offer FREE shore leave services in many ports.
We offer the following maritime-focused services:
- Security Vessels for Escorting Available with or without Armed/Unarmed Security Detail
- Security Escorts of Vessel Personnel/Visitors with TWIC’ed/Licensed Officers Through Shore Terminals
- Security Officer Escorting of CBP Ordered or Flight Risk Crew Memember from Ship to Onboard Airline
- Payroll Delivery with Armed/Unarmed Officers
- Plain Clothes or Uniformed Protective Officers for Accompanying Ship’s Officers or Land Side Representatives
- Transportation/Travel Assistance for Airport and Shore Side Leaves
- Medical Assistance Arranging and Transportation to a Network of Doctors with Prescription Fills
- Security Consulting, Including Plan Writing, Amendments, Filing and Personnel Training in Areas of USCG ISPS or Other Areas of Security/Protective Training
- Divers and Side Scan Sonar ROV for Security Hull Inspections